Rosie Visits RM-UK and Donates to Little Princess Trust
You may have heard of The Little Princess Trust, the incredible charity provide real hair wigs for free to children who have sadly lost their hair due to cancer or other illnesses.
The wonderful charity in partnership with the CCLG (Children’s Charity Leukaemia Group) also awarded over £500,000 to fund research into childhood cancers. Their hard work has been supported by many, including the likes of Jessie Jay who famously shaved her head for the charity. It takes a special kind of person to get involved and donate their lovely locks, just like our lovely client Rosie Evans.
Rosie had thigh-length hair, and in our hairdresser’s capable hands, her lovely locks were transformed into a super-stylish lob (long bob) à la Jessica Alba!
There were several aspects we had to bear in mind while prepping Rosie’s hair ready for donation.
- The hair must first be washed and then dried thoroughly.
- No conditioner or styling products should be used on the hair prior to the cut.
- The dry hair needed to be put in plaits with both ends secured with hair bands.
- We then cut above the top hairbands.
For the hair to be accepted the following must be the case:
- Hair must be over 7” in length.
- Hair must not be dyed an unnatural colour.
- Grey hair is not accepted
- Afro hair cannot be used at present (afro wigs are outsourced though)
- Dreadlocks are unsuitable
Intrigued and want to see how Rosie got on with the chop? Take a look at her journey below
Did you know that it can cost The Little Princess Trust around £350 – £400 to supply a wig to a child? Hair donations, and monetary donations really take the strain off the charity – Superstars like Rosie enable them to help as many children as possible in such difficult times.
If you’d like to know more about donating your hair, or taking part in fundraising you can read more here.
A massive well done to Rosie for her selfless act… and I’m sure you will join us in saying that her new look is fab!